Saturday, October 5, 2013

Coffeeneuring at Wandering Goat, Oct 5 2013



I haven't coffeeneured before ... I like to think I make good coffee at home, and if I have enough time to go to a coffee shop, then I probably have enough time to hang around the house and enjoy making my coffee as much as drinking it.  Still ... it's a cool idea, and Eugene is a good place to explore and appreciate coffee.  So in 2013 I'm participating in the Third Annual Coffeeneuring Challenge.   I am hoping, in particular, to meet up for coffee (or other hot drinks) not only with current cycling buddies, but with some people I don't know as well, or at all.




October 5 I met Patrick Deegan and his daughters at Wandering Goat (268 Madison, Eugene), where I had a mocha.

 I rode by it twice looking for it, before recognizing it as my destination ... it is not a flashy place.   It may well be the best coffee in the Eugene/Springfield area, with a homey, friendly atmosphere that I enjoy.

Patrick brought his daughters in his bike trailer.  They speak English, Russian, and Chinese together ... very cool.  Also they have sparkly shoes that light up (although I think Patrick's shoes were not electric).


No comments:

Post a Comment