Saturday, October 12, 2013

Coffeeneuring 2013 #2: Hideaway Bakery

Coffeeneuring 2013 #2:  Hideaway Bakery by young.michal

I think this is currently the best bakery in Eugene, for both bread and pastries. I particularly like their rustic breads, but today Cyndi and I shared a scone and pain au chocolate, and each had a mocha.  (Cyndi was on four wheels, and I was on two.)  The coffee is fine, but not the best in town; the reason to go here is excellent breads and a nice atmosphere.


Coffeeneuring 2013 #2:  Mocha, pain au chocolate and scone at Hideaway Bakery.
On the way home, I got to see a bunch of cool cargo bikes, and even a cargo skateboard, preparing for the Disaster Relief Trials.

Untitled
Untitled
Perhaps the most interesting was a cargo bike towing another bike on the way to the trials. 

Untitled

Coffeeneuring data:  5.6 miles round trip (probably a bit more with the detour to see the DRT prep), to Hideaway Bakery, 3377 E Amazon Dr, Eugene, OR, where my qualifying hot drink was a mocha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment