Sunday, October 27, 2013

Coffeeneuring #7: Seeing Lynne off at Amtrak

Lynne and I have spent a lot of time together on bicycles.  I met her a few years back, on a 200k in territory familiar to her and unknown to me.  I was having trouble finding the cues, and asked if I could tag along with Lynne and her friend Cecil, and they graciously said yes.  The next time I rode in the Portland area, Lynne was looking for someone to ride with, and I was happy to ride with her.  We're approximately compatible in riding speed, around the same age, and find plenty to talk about.  And on long distance rides, there is a lot of time to talk, and then to not talk, and then to talk again.

Now, when I travel north to ride, often I stay at Lynne's home, and Lynne sometimes visits us in Eugene to ride here.  Friday she took Amtrak to Eugene.  Saturday along with our friend Lesli we rode my Alsea Loop 400km permanent.  Her train home was Sunday morning, and (of course, this being Eugene) there is cafe just across the parking lot from the station.  So:  Coffeeneuring.

Again I made coffee at home with breakfast.  I can't quite grasp the idea of skipping my morning coffee so that I can have more coffee at a bar.  But no problem, other hot drinks count for coffeeneuring.  I took my commuting bike, and of course Lynne took her randonneuse, and we worked our way down the hill into Eugene.  I chose the route poorly, but it's just not that hard or far from anywhere to anywhere in Eugene, so soon enough we were at the station and at the Morning Glory Cafe next door.

Lynne at Morning Glory Cafe

Cyndi had an errand to run, so she drove down and joined us.

Untitled

Lynne had chai, I had hot chocolate, Cyndi had caffe latte, and we had enough time to enjoy our drinks and chat a little before it was time to walk Lynne's bike over to the luggage car for loading. Then Lynne found her train car and we said our goodbyes. Cyndi went off to her errands and I rode in to school for a recruiting event.

Coffeeneuring data: Sunday, October 27; about 10 miles round trip; hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment